Balancing Environmental Objectives with Business Realities.
View our full list of qualifications below!
Promoting Safety Through Leadership
At Ace we strive toward the highest level of safety in all activities and operations. The safety and well-being of our people is our first priority…everyone goes home safe every day. We are committed to continuously improving our health and safety programs, policies, procedures, and practices to ensure that all of our people are protected.
Ace’s safety training program encompasses regulatory training as required by OSHA, RCRA, DOT, state and local regulations. Additional training such as confined space entry and rescue, marine transfer, specialized training to work with hazardous or other wastes, and hazard recognition processes is also part of our safety program. Training updates are conducted monthly as part of operational meetings. At Ace, safety is more than just a program; it is a part of our culture. Ace’s Safety Team is actively involved in day-to-day operations within our organization, visiting job sites, mentoring employees, managing our programs, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to help improve the level of service we provide our clients.
Avetta (formerly PICS Auditing), is a provider of supply chain risk management solutions. Ace is an approved Avetta/PICS member, completing all of the safety protocols to be considered by leading suppliers.
Ace maintains a fleet of more than 40 service vehicles from pick-up trucks and spill vans to vacuum/vactor trucks, dump trucks, box trucks and roll-off trucks. Most trucks are outfitted with spill response equipment and personal protective equipment. We maintain a fleet of heavy equipment including loaders, excavators, gradalls, bobcats, scissor lifts including a variety of attachments. We have more than 10 roll-off containers, supplies of drums and trailers to move our equipment as quickly as possible. We also have an assorted stock of spill response equipment and materials for quick access. We also maintain monitoring equipment for all aspects of our work including LEL/O2 meters, PIDs, and skimmers.
Licenses & Certifications
- Maryland Department of the Environment – Oil Operations Permit
- Maryland Certified Drinking Water Samplers
- State of Maryland Engineering License
- State of Maryland Business License
- Maryland Department of the Environment – Controlled Hazardous Substance Hauler
- District of Columbia Business License
- District of Columbia UST Installer/Remover License
- Commonwealth of Virginia Business License
- Commonwealth of Virginia Class B Contractor License
- City of Alexandria Business License
- Marine Transfer Certification (PIC)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials
- DOT Hazardous Material Transportation Certification
- Class A, B and C Commercial Driver’s License